Los Angeles, CA
Arlington.Cruz@gmail.com / 917.340.3749
3D Character Animator with a goal to create outstanding game animations. Experienced in Both Keyframe and MoCap for console, PC, mobile & VR games.
· 3D Character Animation · Rigging · Animatics/Previz · Autodesk Maya · Unreal Engine 4 · Photoshop
· Modeling · 2D Animation · Bilingual (Spanish) · Motion Builder · CryEngine · Flash
· Texturing · Storyboards · Xsens · Premiere · Illustrator
· Concept Art · Video Editing · Ikinema Orion · After Effects · Jira & Tortoise SVN
Various Clients April 2018 - Present
· Created Biped and quadruped character Animations for upcoming game projects including E3 Demo 2018 (unannounced project)
· Ongoing game animation support for various clients in Console,Pc, Mobile, Ar,Vr
Survios December 2015 - April 2018
Gameplay Character Animator
· Created high-quality game animations using MoCap and Hand-Keyed methods and implemented in Unreal Engine 4.
· Created AI, Player UI Character select, Environmental, In-Game cinematics for highly-acclaimed VR games: Raw Data, Sprint Vector, and upcoming Creed: Rise to Glory (Released on Oculus, HTC Vive and PSVR).
· Created Key Art, Pose and Animation Libraries used by Marketing and Animation teams for press, websites/social media, and gaming conventions, such as GDC, E3 and PAX.
· Animation implementation in Unreal Engine, using Animation Blueprints, Data assets, Blendspaces, and State Machines.
· Collaborated with Engineers & Designers to solve challenges and limitations in VR in order to improve player experience.
· Rapidly brainstormed and prototyped new mechanics for Designers, Engineers and Tech Artists.
· Modification and cleanup of MoCap data.
· Raw Data reached #1 on Steam sales, while being the only animator supporting game for 1 year.
· Experience with realistic and cartoony/stylized character animations.
· Gathered, edited reference Animation libraries and inspiration materials for game teams.
Big Red Button Entertainment November 2011 - July 2014
· Character Animator for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for WIIU.
· Created character animation libraries for main characters and enemies.
· Researched/prototyped mechanics animations, with designers and programmers.
· Created additional environmental, vehicle and level camera animations.
· Created assets for E3 Trailer, reveal footage, camera work, screenshots for major gaming sites.
· Assisted on cinematics implementation.
Various Clients September 2010 - Present
· Character animation for Indie games and short Films for various clients.
Dialway LLC - Storyboard Animatic Artist November 2008 – September 2010
· Created all art assets for animated film, The Dark Prince.
Pacific-West Pictures – Storyboard Artist August 2008 - November 2008
· Created storyboards/animatics for film, The Shadow Player.
Animated Film (Untitled) – 2D Animator June 2008 - August 2008
· Traditionally animated scenes in film for independent filmmaker.
Scholastic Media - Aftereffects Animator April 2008 - June 2008
· Animator and rotoscope artist for Children’s Educational game, Animal Genius.
Lilanga LLC - Background/Prop Artist April 2007 - April 2008
· Design and color backgrounds and props using Adobe Flash and Maya for animated TV show, Lilanga.
Adecco Staffing – Staffing Consultant July 2006 - April 2007
· Recruited, counseled, evaluated and processed qualified candidates for various clients throughout the U.S.
School of Visual Arts – Bachelor of Fine Arts, Animation June 2006
Animation Human Spirit Award Winner on 17th Annual Dusty Film and Animation Festival